What are Cookies?
Cookies are packets of information sent by a web server (e.g. the website) to your Internet browser, automatically stored on your computer and automatically sent back to the server each time you visit the website. By default, almost all web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. Typically, cookies can be installed
- directly by the owner and/or manager of the website (so-called first-party cookies);
- by managers outside the website visited by the user (so-called third-party cookies). Unless otherwise specified, these cookies fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the operator itself. Further information on privacy and their use can be found directly on the websites of the respective operators.
- This website may use, also in combination with each other, the following types of cookies classified according to the indications of the Privacy Guarantor and the Opinions issued at European level by the Working Group ex art. 29 of the GDPR:
- Session: these are cookies that are not permanently stored on the user’s computer and are deleted when the browser is closed. They are strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers needed to enable the safe and efficient exploration of the site, avoiding the use of other IT techniques that could potentially compromise the confidentiality of users’ browsing.
- Persistent, are cookies that remain stored on the computer’s hard drive until they expire or are deleted by users/visitors. Persistent cookies mean that visitors accessing the site (or any other users using the same computer) are automatically recognised at each visit. Visitors can set their computer’s browser to accept/reject all cookies or to display a warning whenever a cookie is proposed, so that they can decide whether or not to accept it. The user can, however, change the default configuration and disable cookies (i.e. block them permanently) by setting the highest level of protection.
- Technical cookies are cookies used to authenticate oneself, to use multimedia content such as flash players or to allow the choice of navigation language.
It is therefore generally not necessary to obtain the user’s prior, informed consent. This also includes cookies used to statistically analyse access/visits to the site only if they are used exclusively for statistical purposes and by collecting information in aggregate form.
Non-technical cookies are all the cookies used for profiling and marketing purposes. Their use on users’ terminals is forbidden unless they have been adequately informed beforehand and have given valid opt-in consent. These types of cookies can, in turn, be grouped according to the functions they perform in:
- Analitycs. these are cookies used to collect and analyse statistical information on access/visits to the website. In some cases, associated with other information such as the credentials you enter to access restricted areas (your email address and password), they can be used to profile the user (personal habits, sites visited, content downloaded, types of interactions carried out, etc.).
- Widgets. This category includes all those graphic components of a user interface of a programme, the purpose of which is to facilitate user interaction with the programme itself. For example, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter cookies are widgets.
- Advertsing, this category includes cookies used to advertise on a site. Google, Tradedoubler fall into this category.
- Web beacons, this category includes code snippets that allow a website to transfer or collect information by requesting a graphic image. Websites may use them for various purposes, such as analysing the use of websites, monitoring and reporting on advertisements and personalising advertisements and content.
Cookies on the site
Technical cookies that do not require consent
Through our site, we may install on your device and, in particular, in your browser or allow third parties to install certain cookies that are necessary for us to acquire or allow our partners to acquire statistical information in an anonymous and aggregate form relating to your navigation on the pages of the sites. These are, in particular, cookies relating t
- Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=it
- WebTrekk: https://www.webtrekk.com/en/index/opt-out-webtrekk/
- Nielsen NetRatings: http://uk.nielsennetpanel.com/pls/mguk/mgp_main.privacy_Policy
- Chartbeat: https://chartbeat.com/privacy/
- Addthis: http://www.addthis.com/privacy
- Comscore Analytics: http://www.comscore.com/ita/Chi-siamo/Privacy-Policy
Cookies for which consent is required
If, in addition, you give your consent through one of the simplified methods described in the information presented at the time of your first access to the site or by following the instructions below, our site may install and/or allow the third party companies indicated below to install additional so-called profiling cookies, for which you may choose to modify or revoke all or part of the consent given through the links below:
For the processing of personal data which, subject to your consent, third party companies known to our site may carry out through cookies, please click on the links below to give or withhold your consent by following the relevant instructions, after reading the various privacy notices:
- Facebook: Through the website, Facebook may process your personal data, if you give your consent, in order to provide you with a browsing experience enhanced by social networking features and services.;https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Twitter: Through the website, Twitter, if you give your consent, may process your personal data in order to provide you with a browsing experience enriched by social networking features and services;https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170519-uso-dei-cookie-e-di-altre-tecnologie-simili-da-parte-di-twitter
- Linkedin: Through the website, Linkedin, if you give your consent, may process your personal data in order to provide you with a browsing experience enriched by social networking features and services.;https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy?trk=%7Berror-page%7D-cookie-policy
- Google Analytics: Our site has enabled Google Analytics advertising features, the advertising features implemented are: Google Analytics demographic and interest reports. Enabling these advertising features allows Google Analytics to collect traffic data via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to the data collected via a standard Google Analytics implementation. Our site may collect and use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (e.g., age, gender, and interests) from Google Analytics and Google Analytics features implemented on the basis of display advertising (e.g., remarketing, demographic and interest reports from Google Analytics) for statistical and audience analysis purposes only. Data is collected and aggregated anonymously using proprietary or third-party software (e.g. Google Analytics). Our site, and third party vendors including Google, use both proprietary cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to inform, optimise and serve ads based on users’ previous visits to our site. You can disable Google Analytics for display advertising and customise Google Display Network ads in the following ways:
- Using Ad Settings: https://www.google.it/settings/ads
- Through the currently available components for deactivating Google Analytics for the Web: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
I do not give my consent for our website to install profiling cookies and to carry out – for itself and/or for other companies associated with us – processing operations that are instrumental to the marketing activities described in this information notice I do not give my consent for our website to install profiling cookies and to carry out – for itself and/or for other companies associated with us – processing operations that are instrumental to the marketing activities described in this information notice
How to disable cookies via browser configuration
If you wish, you can also manage your cookies directly through your browser settings. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for our site, so you should visit this page periodically to review your preferences. For further information and support you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using: